Its Meatless Monday and we are hungry! Tonight we are having:
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with Spinach and Coconut Milk
4 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
1 ¼ pounds flat-leaf spinach (stems remove removed unless very thin, then chopped)
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Move an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400. Lightly rub each potato with a little oil. Place the potatoes on foil liked baking sheet and bake until the skin is crisp and skewer slides easily through the flesh, about 1 hour and 10 min. Remove the baking sheet and set aside to cool. Increase oven to 450
2. While the sweet potatoes are cooling, heat the 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the ginger and curry paste and cook until fragrant. Add the damp spinach, cover and cook, stirring once or twice until completely wilted, about 5 minutes. Add salt to taste, then set aside.
3. Using a folded kitchen towel to hold the hot sweet potatoes, cut each one in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop the flesh from each half in to a bow, leaving ¼ inch of flesh and skin in each sell, place potatoes back on baking sheet.
4. Mash the sweet potatoes in the bow with the coconut milk until smooth. Stir in the spinach mixture and cilantro Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Mound the sweet potato filling into each shell. Bake until the top is firm and crisp, about 15 min.