Its Meatless Monday! Tonight we have cheer practice so we need something quick and easy so we can all head out the door. Tonight we will be having Vegetarian Chili!
If you are living anywhere near us you are probably thinking to yourself, “Chili in this 105 degree weather?!?!” I know it might be crazy but we would eat this recipe in a million degrees, it is one of our favorites!
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen burger-style crumbles
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 5 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, combine meat substitute, black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato juice, onions, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cover. Let the chili simmer for at least 1 hour before serving.
That is it!! I told you it was easy! We like to pair it with some cornbread muffins and a nice crisp green salad! I hope you all enjoy. We are off to practice, go team Green!!-Amanda