Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

"Oops I picked some mint!"
Mothers Day Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

The kids and I were gardening and Julie accidently snapped off some of our mint. What was a mom like me to do? Make some cookies!!! Since I love chocolate with my mint, I thought that mint chocolate chip cookies would be perfect!

First step, grab your ingredients!
½ cup butter, at room temp
½ cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 beaten egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cup flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped chocolate
2 tbs freshly chopped mint (you can add more if you want a more ‘minty’ taste) 

Preheat oven to 350
Stir ingredients together
Form dough into balls, arrange on cookie sheet, flatten slightly and then bake!
Bake 12to 15 min and then cool for 15 min

"Time to sneak some cookies!"
Eat and enjoy!!!

-Amanda and Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment